Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Position: Project Delivery Expert
Due Date for Applications: December 01, 2023
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Sector Lead, Team Lead.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Project office name: Policy Development/National Strategic Planning (ProjectUA)
Partner Ministry: Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries)
About Alinea International:
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies, and communities to create lasting change. Over 37 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 1000 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
- i) increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using RBM IT Tool (ProjectUA) in accordance to Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation.
- ii) implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation.
To achieve these objectives SURGe Project is developing software to automate the abovementioned processes.
Delivery Expert will be working closely with SURGe Machinery of Government team, as well IT Team and specific project stakeholders and will perform assigned duties as focal point, responsible for implementation of ProjectUA in selected Ministry/Agency/other public entities per request. The expert will also provide support in strategic planning, data analysis, monitoring, and reporting with application ProjectUA.
It is also expected from the successful candidate to build and maintain strong working relations with public authorities, where ProjectUA is currently under piloting (or where the deployment and further piloting is under negotiations), as well as to possess the relevant skills and expertise to deliver workshops and provide support for users on ProjectUA application for planning and monitoring.
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Cooperate and support Ministries, Agencies, other public entities regarding implementation of ProjectUA;
- Collect requests from Ministries, Agencies, other public entities regarding further implementation of ProjectUA;
- Co-develop vision and functional requirements needed for ProjectUA further development.
- Co-develop tools, templates, documents, related to policy development, strategic planning, data analysis, monitoring, and reporting with application ProjectUA for selected Ministry/Agency/other public entities.
- Co-develop instruction materials, guidelines, draft regulations, other documents, needed for ProjectUA implementation in the Ministries, Agencies, other public authorities.
- Deliver workshops for users on ProjectUA application for planning and monitoring.
- Provide continuous user’s support on ProjectUA application for planning and monitoring.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and policies during the implementation of ProjectUA.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- 5+ years of proven experience in the areas of IT, consulting, business analysis or/and public administration.
- 2+ year of experience in areas related to re-engineering or transformation of governance procedures/reforms business processes.
- Proven experience in partnerships building, communications with clients, maintenance of relations with key stakeholders, ability to understand the needs of the client.
- Proven experience in development of tools, instructions, concepts, policy papers and/or draft regulations.
- Ability to solve problems and identify bottlenecks in a dedicated and focused way, devise more innovative solutions for project stakeholders.
- Experience in providing user support and conducting training workshops to ensure effective adoption of software applications.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Basic public speaking skills.
- Master’s degree in public administration, Economics, Law, Finance, IT or relevant field.
- Proficiency in English.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
As a plus:
- Experience in public sector IT projects, related to digital transformation of public service procedures.
- Additional certifications from recognized institutions, which may prove your experience in specific fields (e.g. project management) will be considered an asset;
- Basic understanding of software development processes.
- Familiarity with Ukraine legislations related to strategic planning.
- Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
- Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org till indicated deadline for applications.
- Please, include following in the email subject line: [Delivery Expert: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.