Initiative Name: Good Governance Fund, (GGF)
Job type: Full-time
Location of Position: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates.
Language Requirements: English and Ukrainian
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should effectively align your skills and experiences with the specific job responsibilities outlined in the position’s description, demonstrating your aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, your daily fee and current availability.
- Interested applicants are asked to submit a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the work
As Alinea’s operations in Ukraine continue to grow, we are looking to fill an administrative assistant position in our core office as well as in support of our portfolio of UK government-funded projects.
Based at our office in Kyiv, you will provide administrative support to a team of managers, project designers and implementing partners working in a truly global team (4 time zones) across Ukraine, the UK and Canada. We take the security of our staff seriously and, therefore, adapt our working practices to the current security situation, which we continuously re-evaluate.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a junior professional to start a career in international development and transition to programmatic roles later.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will be responsible for the daily running of the administrative affairs of the project. Duties include meeting organisation, coordinating agendas across countries, document flow and other administrative tasks.
Amongst other duties, the administrative assistant will be responsible for:
• Correspondence and meeting management (MS Teams/Zoom)
• Formatting documents according to branding standards
• Drafting notes to file, meeting minutes
• Local office administration and procurement
• Management of the SharePoint file system
• Management of MS Teams work environment
• Gathering progress reports and KPI data from delivery partners
• Office asset management
• Procurement of office supplies
• Procurement of local vendors/suppliers/service providers
• Agenda preparation
• Basic finance management
• Travel planning and organisation
• Website updates
A motivated, energetic individual obsessed with keeping things organised. A self-starter, able to operate across time zones and countries and work effectively in a cross-cultural environment. You remain undeterred in uncertainty and provide clarity and practical and supportive operational management of the organisation’s day-to-day activities. Experience with office-level finance management would be an asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Superior command of English. British English will be your primary working language as well as the working language of the client.
• Native Ukrainian to work with local suppliers and stakeholders.
• 1+ years of experience, but energy and resilience are the key
• Strong people skills and an ability to organise cross-cultural teams working remotely
• Ability to work independently in a remote working environment.
• Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Proactive problem-solver. This one is critical.
• Knowledge of online collaboration tools. We work on Teams, but if you dig Notion, you’ll figure it out.
• Comfortable with essential finances and contracting/desire to learn.