Initiative Name: Good Governance Fund, (GGF)
Job type: Full-time
Location of Position: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates.
Language Requirements: English and Ukrainian
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should effectively align your skills and experiences with the specific job responsibilities outlined in the position’s description, demonstrating your aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, your daily fee and current availability.
- Interested applicants are asked to submit a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the work
As Alinea’s operations in Ukraine continue to grow, we are looking to fill an administrative assistant position in our core office as well as in support of our portfolio of UK government-funded projects.
Based at our office in Kyiv, you will provide finance management support to a team of managers, project designers and implementing partners working in a truly global team (4 time zones) across Ukraine, the UK and Canada. We take the security of our staff seriously and, therefore, adapt our working practices to the current security situation, which we continuously re-evaluate.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a junior professional to start a career in international development and transition to programmatic roles later.
Reporting to the Project Director, you will provide support with the day-to-day financial management of the project, support contracting delivery partners, experts, payments for project services and ensuring compliance with finance audit requirements.
Amongst other duties, the finance assistant will be responsible for:
- Expense Tracking: Monitor project expenditures against the approved budget and report any discrepancies.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for internal use and submission to the government and other stakeholders.
Accounting and Record-Keeping
- Account Reconciliation: Reconcile bank and cash accounts regularly to ensure accuracy.
- Invoice Management: Prepare, verify, and process invoices for suppliers and partners.
- Receipt Management: Organise and maintain financial records, including receipts, vouchers, and other transaction documentation.
Procurement and Contract Management
- Vendor Selection: Assist in the procurement process, including vendor selection based on value for money and compliance with procurement policies.
- Contract Monitoring: Monitor the financial aspects of contracts with suppliers and service providers to ensure deliverables are met within the agreed budget.
Payroll and Benefits
- Payroll Administration: Assist in the preparation and distribution of staff payroll.
Cash Handling and Transactions
- Cash Disbursements: Responsible for petty cash management, including disbursements and replenishments.
- Bank Transactions: Carry out bank transactions, such as deposits and withdrawals, as required.
An enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual, passionate about financial accuracy and impactful projects. You are a self-starter, capable of handling the financial intricacies that come with operating in a multi-faceted, cross-cultural environment like ours. Even when faced with financial uncertainties or complexities, you remain steadfast, providing clear, practical, and effective financial management to support our project’s objectives. Previous experience in finance or accounting, especially within an NGO or government-funded project, will be a valuable asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree: A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in finance or accounting, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Project Finance: Experience managing finances for projects, especially donor-funded projects, is an advantage.
- Software Proficiency: Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Superior command of English. British English will be your primary working language as well as the working language of the client.
- Attention to Detail: High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time Management: Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Professional Certification: Accounting or finance certifications such as ACCA, CIMA, or CPA are an advantage but not mandatory.