Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Project office name: Policy Development/National Strategic Planning (ProjectUA)
Position: Senior back-end developer (with PHP)
Due Date for Applications: November 30, 2023
Employment type: Full-time, Monday-Friday. The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject to approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment). The planned date of started service provision is January 2024.
Location: Remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Project Manager, Team Lead, Sector Lead.
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Partner Ministry: Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries)
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
- increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using RBM IT Tool (ProjectUA) in accordance with Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation;
- implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation.
To achieve these objectives SURGe Project is developing software to automate the abovementioned processes.
Senior back-end developer (with PHP) will be working with a Tech Lead and the team to help develop software to automate planning and implementation reforms processes. As a Senior back-end developer, the candidate will ensure the development of software within the requirements and the time.
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Development of project solution architecture.
- Development of new project components.
- Support of existing functionality.
- Development of server and client parts.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- 4+ years of proven experience with PHP7+/8.
- 2+ years of proven experience with MySQL.
- 1+ years of proven experience with Yii2.
- Focus on the back-end with experience in front-end
- OOP Design Patterns.
- Unix, docker.
- Proficiency in English to read technical documentation.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
As a plus:
- Symfony or/and Laravel.
- Oracle DB.
- Memcached, Redis.
- Sphinx or ElasticSearch.
- API integration.
- Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
- Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com till indicated deadline for applications.
- Please, include the following in the email subject line: [Senior back-end developer (with PHP): your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.