Closing on: Sep 30, 2023
Employment Type: Permanent
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Remuneration: Commensurate with experience and qualifications; based on Alinea pay scales
- Interested applicants are asked to submit a CV and cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
Alinea is a global international development organisation that provides technical and project management expertise that helps people to improve their lives, characterized by: teamwork, results-based project design, sustainability, participatory methodologies and local input and ownership.
Inspired by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, our mission is to catalyse opportunity as partners in international development, providing our best people and expertise to contribute to sustainable economic, social and environmental development.
We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create verifiable and sustainable change. Over the past 35 years, we have successfully delivered more than 1,000 projects worldwide.
What We Offer
As Alinea’s operations in Ukraine continue to grow, we have senior project management opportunities in our core office as well as in support of our portfolio of UK government funded projects.
As a senior project manager with Alinea, you will get a unique chance to further reforms in Ukraine by helping to design and supervise targeted interventions that improve governance, advance economic reforms and enhance citizen-oriented government services.
What You Will Do
As part of Alinea’s UK portfolio team, you will assess transformation needs in a designated sector, map and liaise with stakeholders (government, business, NGOs), design projects, theories of change, outputs and draft terms of references for specific reform initiatives. Once projects move into the delivery stage, you will supervise implementation and review and quality assure deliverables from project partners.
Who We are Looking For
Professionals with experience in project management, results-based management or international development. Candidates with experience in project management in other industries who are eager to learn, are also encouraged to apply. We are looking for candidates who are well-organised and have some or all of the following attributes:
- Master’s Degree in public affairs, political science, economics, analysis, international relations, business, project management, public administration or a related field;
- Experience in drafting TORs for international development projects;
- At least two years of relevant work experience in project management;
- Practical experience working with international projects in Ukraine;
- Understanding of government priorities during the full-scale war and the policymaking process in Ukraine;
- Proven track record in project design (waterfall, agile), particularly the development of logic models, theories of change and learning mechanisms to build inclusive and evidence-based projects that consider the competing priorities and needs of government and non-government stakeholders; and
- Superior command of spoken and written British English (the primary working language for these roles) as well as Ukrainian.
- Map and liaise with stakeholders;
- Assess the needs of a given sector;
- Design project components, including outcomes and outputs, rationale, theory of change, results framework, and risk matrix;
- Draft evidence-based project TORs that are contextually relevant and in alignment with the objectives of beneficiary institutions;
- Supervise project delivery and quality assurance;
- Facilitate monitoring, evaluation and learning;
- Provide professional development feedback to project team members; and
- Collect and provide feedback from project team members on continuous improvement of processes, procedures and tools.