Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Job type: Full-time
Location of Position: Remote with regular travel to Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Team Lead
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates.
Language Requirements: English and Ukrainian
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should effectively align your skills and experiences with the specific job responsibilities outlined in the position’s description, demonstrating your aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, your daily fee and current availability.
- To apply for this opportunity and submit a CV and cover letter in English click the Apply Now link.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist is the focal point for measurement, monitoring, evaluation and learning at the pillar level, and the key person to facilitate that learning feeding up into reporting at the SADR programme level. The individual will be responsible for implementing the MEL plan, designing and utilising MEL tools, conducting data analysis and interpretation and preparing/contributing to high-quality learning products (pilar and programme level), in order to capture, enable and drive evidence-based adaptation.
Amongst other duties, the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist will be responsible for:
- Be the focal point for pillar-level MEL activities in order to facilitate effective and efficient delivery, identify lessons, meet reporting requirements and inform and support the implementation of changes in response to emerging learning
- Maintain and update relevant MEL inputs as required, in collaboration with MEL colleagues across the other two pillars and supported by the programme-level MEL Adviser. This may include the logical framework, indicator list, data collection tools and instruments, reporting and any other MEL / donor requirements.
- Conduct key informant interviews, focus group interviews, needs assessments, surveys, baseline and end-line assessments as appropriate
- Manage the data collection, knowledge management and analysis of data under the relevant pillar
- Provide support including capacity building to colleagues where required on the use of MEL tools
- Quality-assure collected MEL data and reporting content
- Present communication of findings from data collection by analysing and visualising data in appropriate formats depending on the data sharing request.
- Manage and store all project data securely
- Provide relevant input into the quarterly and annual progress reports, collaborating with MEL and programme colleagues. Identify opportunities for improvements to MEL throughout the lifecycle of the programme
- Ensure MEL practice is collaborative across pillars to enable programme-level learning and adaptation potential to be optimised.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of social sciences, master’s degree preferred
- Approx. 5 years relevant work experience (can be discussed)
- Proven experience of using social science, mixed-methods research/data collection methodologies
- Knowledge of Monitoring & Evaluation Tools, Techniques and Approaches
- Demonstrated ability to interpret analyse, and present information from datasets
- Genuine curiosity for continuous learning, appreciation of the value-add of qualitative data particularly in highly politicised contexts
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to remain objective under pressure, dedication to evidence-driven progress
- Well organised, able to multitask
- Capable of working independently with minimal supervision and collaborating and coordinating with colleagues.
- Demonstrates integrity and professionalism
- Full professional fluency in English and Ukrainian
- Understanding of and belief in gender mainstreaming, conflict-sensitivity and Accountability to Affected Populations
- Experience of MEL in a politicised space
- Experience in the monitoring and evaluation of defence reform projects (desired)