Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Project Name: Strategic Communications Support Platform
Job Type: Administrative
Location of Position: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Administrative Lead
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and shall not exceed established market rates
Indicative LOE/Time Frame: Full-Time, February 2024 – March 2026. For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services)
Language Requirements: Fluency in Ukrainian and English, written and spoken.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should effectively align your skills and experiences with the specific job responsibilities outlined in the position’s description, demonstrating your aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, your daily fee and current availability.
- Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com till indicated deadline for applications.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies, and communities to create lasting change. Over 37 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 1000 projects worldwide.
Alinea International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. All offers of employment or job opportunities with Alinea International that include any form of a request for payment of fees or collect information on bank accounts are fraudulent. Any requests for such payment or information should be refused and reported to your local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action and to Alinea International.
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
Alinea International has been contracted by the UK Government to establish a strategic communications support platform. This platform will support Ukraine government communications activities and priorities by assembling top talent in a format designed to meet the increased public demand for transparent communication caused by Russia’s illegal full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
About the Work:
As Alinea operations in Ukraine continue to grow, we are looking to fill an Administration Assistant position in our core office as well as in support of our portfolio of UK government-funded projects.
Based at our office in Kyiv, you will provide administrative support to a team of managers, project designers and implementing partners working in a truly global team (4 time zones) across Ukraine, the UK and Canada.
We take the security of our staff seriously and, therefore, adapt our working practices to the current security situation, which we continuously re-evaluate.
This would be an excellent opportunity for a junior professional to start a career in international development and transition to programmatic roles later.
Reporting to the Administrative Lead, you will be responsible for the daily running of the administrative affairs of the project. Duties include meeting organisation, coordinating agendas across countries, document flow and other administrative tasks.
Amongst other duties, the Administration Officer will be responsible for:
• Correspondence and meeting management (MS Teams/Zoom)
• Formatting documents according to branding standards
• Drafting notes to file, meeting minutes
• Local office administration and procurement
• Management of the SharePoint file system
• Management of MS Teams work environment
• Gathering progress reports and KPI data from delivery partners
• Office asset management
• Procurement of office supplies
• Procurement of local vendors/suppliers/service providers
• Agenda preparation
• Basic finance management
• Travel planning and organization
• Website updates
• Support Administrative Lead on as needed basis
A motivated, energetic individual focused on keeping things organized. A self-starter, able to operate across time zones and countries and work effectively in a cross-cultural environment. You remain undeterred in uncertainty and provide clarity and practical and supportive operational management of the organization’s day-to-day activities. Experience with office-level finance management would be an asset.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Superior command of English. British English will be your primary working language as well as the working language of the client.
• Native Ukrainian to work with local suppliers and stakeholders.
• 1+ years of experience, but energy and resilience are the key.
• Strong people skills and an ability to organise cross-cultural teams working remotely.
• Ability to work independently in a remote working environment.
• Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to work in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Proactive problem-solving skills are critical.
• Knowledge of online collaboration tools i.e., Teams, Zoom, SharePoint. .
• Comfortable with basic finances and contracting/desire to learn.