Job Title: Recruitment Officer
Job type: Full time employee
Location of Position: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reporting to: Business Development Lead
Remuneration: In line with market rates.
Language Requirements: Fluent in English and Ukrainian. Other languages are an asset.
Application Deadline: March 8, 2024
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should effectively align your skills and experiences with the specific job responsibilities and qualifications outlined in the position’s description, demonstrating your aptitude and enthusiasm for the role, your daily fee and current availability.
- To apply for this position, email your cover letter and CV (Curriculum Vitae), following the important instructions below:
- Important, please mark the position name in the subject line, as it appears on the job posting.
- Important, please ensure your CV and cover letter include your name on the document file name before you email your application.
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies, and communities to create lasting change. Over 38 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 1000 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
At Alinea International we value diversity, equity, inclusivity, accessibility and belonging in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
Alinea UK is seeking a Recruitment Officer who will be based in our Kyiv, Ukraine office to support Project and Business Development teams including, but not limited to:
• Full lifecycle management of vacancies across a diverse range of technical assistance specialties and organizational staffing requirements.
• Recruitment kick-off meetings and working with the hiring managers and stakeholders to develop vacancy TORs.
• Sourcing project managers and subject-matter experts in Ukraine and abroad, utilizing numerous techniques to source and attract potential talent, including internal network referrals, database scan, Boolean and international development platform searches, etc.
• Pre-screening and vetting candidates for presentation to the hiring managers. Interviewing and contributing to CV development.
• Management of background and due diligence checking.
• Works with project managers to develop and extend offers of employment to selected candidates in line with Alinea’s employment policies and procedures.
• ATS database capacity building of qualified candidates through active and passive recruitment activities.
• Establishing a strong recruiting network within the international development field.
• Maintains records on recruiting activities and analyzes metrics.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant recruitment experience, including international project recruitment.
• Strong business development, and proposal development experience preferred.
• Experience supporting international development projects, including those funded by FCDO, World Bank, EC, EU, Global Affairs Canada, and other donor organizations is an asset.
• A solid understanding of candidate sourcing, Boolean searching, screening and recruiting in overseas, European, Asian and Australasian country markets.
• Sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information.
• Ability to organize, perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to be professional, flexible, solution-oriented, and creative.
• Cross-cultural sensitivity, knowledge of and ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Excellent oral and written communication and representational skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite and databases including applicant tracking systems, (ATS). JobAdder is an asset.
• Fluency in English and Ukrainian preferred. Other languages are an asset.