Deadline for application: August 14, 2022
Position: Field Manager/Team Leader
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: South Asia
Reports to: Canadian Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered.
- Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your approximate salary expectations as an annual rate, C$ and current availability.
- Place the position title in the subject line and email your cover letter and CV (Curriculum Vitae) to email@example.com
- Only successful candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results. Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About the Project
Alinea International is currently looking for an experienced Field Manager/Team Leader for an upcoming opportunity in South Asia. The project will focus on governance reform and building capacity in the public sector. Particular attention will be given to strengthening links between government agencies and civil society organizations (CSO) as well as strengthening the rights of women and girls.
The Field Manager/Team Leader will represent Alinea International in all project matters and be responsible for the overall management of the Project, including financial and human resources management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide overall direction and day-to day management to achieve the Project’s expected outputs and the implementation of activities on time and within the limit of the budget;
- Develop and implement procurement processes and guidelines as well as oversee the provision of all procurement of goods and services of technical experts, and management of contracts.
- Update and manage Risk Registry, identify risks and issues, and address them in a timely and effective manner;
- Oversee management of project personnel, including administrative staff, technical experts, and consultants;
- Prepare the key Project documents and ensure delivery of reports and other deliverables to client, such as Project Implementation Plan (PIP), annual work plan (AWP), quarterly and annual reports, financial reports and budget control, and others, as required;
- Provide Capacity Development expertise;
- Oversee all project financial transactions to ensure effective and transparent financial practices, procedures, and reporting;
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with key stakeholders, including donor representatives, local and national government entities involved in the Project including ministries and agencies, project partners, civil society representatives, and beneficiaries;
- Support and participate in the Project’s committees, such as the Project Steering; and
- Any other related responsibilities required to meet expected project results.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree (i.e., Bachelor or equivalent) in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of working experience in project management with responsibilities similar to those described above;
- Experience managing large ($5 million or more) international development projects, preference in Asia and South Asia;
- Demonstrated experience leading and working on governance reform projects;
- Demonstrated relevant experience working with and implementing Results-Based Management (RBM) framework;
- Demonstrated experience working with the following types of stakeholders: government, donor, private sector, or civil society;
- Experience leading a team of at least 5 members, including administrative staff and technical specialists.
- Experience working in complex environments.
- Postgraduate degree (i.e., higher than bachelor) in a relevant discipline;
- Fluency in English; knowledge of French or other languages an asset;
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance in the areas of capacity development;
- Demonstrated experience integrating gender equality into projects design and management;
- Experience working with the Government of Canada and on a Global Affairs Canada project;