Deadline for application: June 27th 2022
Employment Type: Either Full-Time or Part-Time Permanent
Location: Australia or International
Remuneration: $92,038 to $103,683 plus superannuation depending on experience (pro-rata)
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
About Alinea International
Alinea International (Asia and the Pacific) is a rapidly-growing international development consulting firm dedicated to quality contributions towards sustainable futures with empowered communities. We are committed to supporting economic, social, and political development that leads to positive, inclusive and sustainable impacts. We provide a range of technical, advisory, facilitation, and managerial services tailored to the needs of our clients. We work with the Australian Government and other international donors, civil society, non-governmental organizations, and private sector groups. As a certified B Corporation, Alinea International is proud to be an ethical business that upholds the highest standards of environmental and social performance and accountability throughout our work. Alinea International (Asia and the Pacific) proudly sources the best people from around the world to deliver progressive ideas focused on positive change, and consistently high-quality results. We provide our consultants with the opportunity to shape and contribute to projects and development approaches across a range of sectors in Australia, Asia and the Pacific that deliver results and equitable outcomes to communities. Alinea International (Asia and the Pacific) is part of the global Alinea International group, headquartered in Canada.
The position of Consultant takes in Business Development, Technical Assistance, and Project Management responsibilities. As a growing company, Alinea requires the position to be flexible and agile in response to emerging business opportunities. Requirements under this position may include:
- The Consultant will provide internal support for projects Alinea and its staff are engaged on and may be nominated for positions within technical teams.
- Assisting Senior Consultants in the completion of deliverables for clients.
- Provide services including high quality advice, consultation and liaison, literature reviews and research, and report writing.
- The Consultant may be involved in identifying and pursuing business opportunities and working with Alinea staff to win work by bid writing, sourcing talent, and building associations and relationships with potential clients.
- The Consultant may also be asked to perform tasks relating to project work, business development, or otherwise provide technical services to Alinea as requested by their supervisor.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in social sciences, international development or related discipline, or equivalent, and a minimum of five years’ experience working in international aid and development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Australian aid program in Asia and the Pacific
- Knowledge and experience of program design, program review, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Self-driven with a good sense of judgement and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and balance competing priorities.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel overseas (duration and frequency is negotiable).
All applicants must have work rights in the country they are applying for.
- Experience working as an advisor, consultant, or on multiple short-term contracts simultaneously.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter addressing the selection criteria and CV (no more than 2 pages each) to ap-recruitment@alineainternational by June 27th 2022. We endeavor to contact all applicants.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com