Due Date for Applications: July 30, 2021
Company: Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
Project: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Project office name: COPR Consultant
Partner Ministry: Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries)
Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd. SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to multiple Ministries to:
- increase their capacity in the development of policies/reforms, strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation using the Results-Based Management (RBM) methodology, which is already embedded into Ukraine’s legislation;
- implement a citizen-centric approach to policy development according to GBA+ methodology as stated in Ukraine’s legislation.
To achieve these objectives, SURGe Project is looking for а Consultant-Trainer on National Policies and Planning who will be working with Ministries to help them design policies/reforms using RBM and GBA+.
Level of effort
Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Design and implement improved processes of policy development, strategic planning and monitoring in Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries) according to COPR.
- Provide guidance to Ministries during policy development, strategic planning and monitoring.
- Participate in development of policies and procedures related to planning and monitoring based on COPR.
- Organize and deliver COPR trainings for civil servants at Government of Ukraine (multiple Ministries).
- Prepare a set of training and presentation materials on implementation of COPR.
- Participate in other work assignments as requested by the Head of Results Unit, Sector Lead and Senior Expert/Head of COPR Capacity Building Unit.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in delivering trainings, strategic sessions.
- Proven experience of providing management advice to external partners, including high-level negotiations.
- Ability to teach people, excellent communication skills, strong ethics, well-balanced and mature
- personality, positive attitude to the job.
- Understanding of the Government policy making cycle and the overall reform agenda in Ukraine.
- Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM) and experience in implementation is a plus.
- Experience in international organizations, reform projects at the governmental level is a plus.
- Professional knowledge of PowerPoint, ability to produce high-quality visual material.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly, including
- experience of work with government documents.
- Professional knowledge of English, strong writing skills.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on July 30, 2021 to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions must include:
- Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
- Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to state Consultant-Trainer on National Policies and Planning in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.