COMPANY: Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Project office name: Criminal Justice Reform Office
Partner Ministry: Ministry of Justice of Ukraine (MoJ)
Position: Project Manager on the implementation of the Unified state electronic E-Notary system
ToR Date of Issuance: November 11, 2022
Due Date for Applications: November 25, 2022
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. www.alineainternational.com
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
In addition to its existing reform portfolio, SURGe will assist the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine with project management support of the launch and development of the Unified state electronic E-Notary system (the System).
Within this component, SURGe is aimed to support the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine with the System roll-out to transfer all notarial activities to the electronic environment, automate notaries activity, ensure the efficiency of performing notarial acts, optimize the administrative burden for clients and notaries, and provide quick access to already performed notarial acts.
Location: remote job position for now, with the occasional meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: Deputy Director.
Employment type: full-time (162,5 h/m), Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: remuneration is the subject of negotiation and previous rate confirmation. Must not exceed established market rates.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extension (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
Support introduction of the new modules within the System as well as development of the concept vision of the System implementation, incl. goals, key deliverables, required scope of work and objectives, budget, timelines etc.
- Provide consultations and ensure general management of the project regarding rolling out and modernization of theSystem, incl. notary services digitalization
- Maintain effective working relationship with the component stakeholders (Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, Notary Chamber of Ukraine, state-owned enterprises, other technical assistance projects, IT developers etc.)
- Support and oversight proper development of the System technical documentation needed for its implementation and support
- Coordinate legislative activities in the field related to the System operation
- Prepare analytical materials regarding the implementation of the System
- Monitor status of the System’s implementation; submit proposals to the Deputy Ministers of Justice to address current issues
- Organize meetings on the System’s implementation issues
- Prepare analytical materials for the Deputy Ministers of Justice on the work progress System
Preferred qualifications and skills:
5+ years of professional experience in law, notary, project management, consulting, or related area.
- Master’s degree in in law, international law, public administration, economics or related areas. Education in IT related fields would be a plus.
- Proven experience in the notary services operations, state registration business processes, incl. hand on expertise within the related areas.
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the needs of the client, strong logic skills, ability to identify bottlenecks and develop solutions.
- Proven knowledge of the Ukraine legislative framework related to the notary services.
- Ability to structure the work and ensure timely goals implementation.
- Knowledge of the government policy making cycle and national reform agenda, public administration.
- Excellent communication, diplomatic and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in English.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
As a plus:
Experience in the implementation of the IT projects.
- Experience working with the Government of Ukraine.
- Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should demonstrate you proven experience, indicate fee and current availability.
- Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org till indicated deadline for applications.
- Please, include following in the email subject line: [title of the vacancy: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.