COMPANY: Alinea International (Ukraine Office)
PROJECT: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Position: Sector Lead (managing multiple reform initiatives)
Location: remote job position for now, with meetings in Ukraine once the security situation allows.
Reports to: one of the SURGe Project Deputy Directors and to the SURGe Project Director.
Position type: Project Management.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
About Alinea International:
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 35 years, Alinea International has managed and implemented more than 515 projects and assignments worldwide.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Sector Lead will lead teams of consultants to support Ukrainian Ministries and other government agencies in implementing reforms of various type and scope.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager with understanding of Government of Ukraine processes and experience in managing large teams of consultants. You will manage the one or several existing SURGe reform initiatives (hereinafter – projects) and will launch new projects as needed.
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
Assess the needs of the Ministry or another government agency (new projects only).
- Understand reform environment in the sector – key stakeholders, key issues, required scope of work and objectives, suitability for SURGe
- Formalize project vision and plans – goals, key deliverables, budget, timeline, expertise of consultants needed – in respective project documentation (new projects only).
- Hire the team lead and the team of consultants – usually 5 to 20 people (new projects only).
- Provide continuous management, guide the team in development of vision for deliverables and assure the quality of the deliverables developed by the team: analytical materials, ministerial instructions, procedures, draft laws and by-laws, training programs, presentations, software
- Manage the project to ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of
- Troubleshoot issues as they
- Update plans and budgets and provide written progress
- Present the results to various audiences as
- Maintain close working relations with Ministry, usually at Deputy Minister
- Coordinate actions with other governmental stakeholders and other partners in policy
- Switch between the policy sectors as needed (you may be assigned projects in unrelated sectors).
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Minimum 3 years of experience in consulting/advisory, of which at least 1 year as a team
- Understanding of the principles of how Government operates and how it cooperates with the Parliament and the Office of President is a
- Experience in the advisory to the Government of Ukraine is highly
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation: proven understanding of project management processes (internationally recognized certification in project management is an asset), experience in project management, strong coordination and facilitation
- Familiarity with national legislation and government reform
- Results driven highly-motivated expert with sound judgement and
- Superior fluency in English is a
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian
- Citizen of
Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current
- Alinea International accepts electronic submissions Send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org till indicated deadline for applications.
- Please, include following in the email subject line: [Sector Lead: your last name, your first name].
Due date for application: till the position is filled.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls. Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.