DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 22, 2021
Project: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe)
Reports to: SURGe Deputy Director and SURGe Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants on the basis of merit.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
About the Project
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
The Sector Lead will lead teams of consultants to support Ukrainian Ministries and other government agencies in implementing reforms of various type and scope.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager with understanding of Government of Ukraine processes and experience in managing large teams of consultants. The Sector Lead will manage one or several existing SURGe reform initiatives (hereinafter – projects) and will launch new projects as needed.
Indicative Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Assess the needs of the Ministry or another government agency (new projects only).
- Understand reform environment in the sector – key stakeholders, key issues, required scope of work and objectives, suitability for SURGe mandate.
- Formalize project vision and plans – goals, key deliverables, budget, timeline, expertise of consultants needed – in respective project documentation (new projects only).
- Hire the team lead and the team of consultants – usually 5 to 20 people (new projects only).
- Provide continuous management, guide the team in development of vision for deliverables and assure the quality of the deliverables developed by the team: analytical materials, ministerial instructions, procedures, draft laws and by-laws, training programs, presentations, software requirements.
- Manage the project to ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of work.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Update plans and budgets and provide written progress reports.
- Present the results to various audiences as needed.
- Maintain close working relations with Ministry, usually at Deputy Minister level.
- Coordinate actions with other governmental stakeholders and other partners in policy sector.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in consulting/advisory, of which at least 1 year as a team
- Understanding of the principles of how Government operates and how it cooperates with the Parliament and the Office of President
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation: proven understanding of project management processes (internationally recognized certification in project management is an asset), experience in project management, strong coordination and facilitation skills
- Familiarity with national legislation and government reform agenda.
- Results driven highly-motivated expert with sound judgement and maturity
- Superior fluency in English.
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian language.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
- Experience in the advisory to the Government of Ukraine.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter (maximum 500 words) and CV (maximum 2 pages) in English to email@example.com by October 22, 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com