DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: October 15, 2021
Reports to: Deputy Directors
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants on the basis of merit.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
About the Project
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Based in Alinea International Ltd.’s Kyiv National Office and reporting to the Deputy Directors, the Senior Administrative Officer will manage information requests from the partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries, manage office premises and logistics closely cooperating with the Project core team and local consultants as well as provide administrative support to the management team.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Manage and update project documentation and filing systems.
- Organize procurement and respective procedures.
- Maintain procurement log and prepare handover certificates.
- Develop new administrative procedures as necessary and ensure their compliance.
- Manage project social media.
- Perform ad-hoc translations when needed.
- Provide general logistic support to the project events.
- Manage business trips logistics.
- Manage office equipment and office supplies.
- Provide support to the staff in meeting administrative and office needs.
- Provide general support to local consultants and visitors.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in logistics, accounting, finance, business, economics or other relevant discipline;
- 3+ years of experience in administrative assistant, accountant, logistics support, events preparation or similar position is required;
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent communication skills both in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently;
- High level of attention to detail;
- Advanced Proficiency in English (oral, reading and writing).
- Previous experience with internationally funded projects is preferred.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter (maximum 500 words) and CV (maximum 2 pages) in English to email@example.com by October 15, 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com