DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: September 28, 2021
Project: Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU)
Employment Type: Fixed term Employee
Reports to: Team Leader
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants on the basis of merit.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
About the Project
The Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme will support sustainable development in east and southern Ukraine, mitigate instability and prevent new conflict. It will strengthen the resilience of communities in the affected areas by supporting projects that contribute to inclusive economic development, improved public service delivery and citizen-government dialog. The programme has been designed in a collaborative manner with key Government of Ukraine (GoU) stakeholders and participating financing partners including the United Kingdom, Canada, the United States, Switzerland and Sweden
The Workstream Lead Public Service will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of a portfolio of projects in eastern and southern Ukraine, aimed at improving public service delivery in priority sectors including health, social payments and education, The projects will be designed to drive greater stability through improved political legitimacy in those regions.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Strong experience at a senior level within the development sector focusing on improving public service delivery to support stability and political legitimacy.
- Experience supporting evidence driven and consultative public service improvements.
- Experience providing capacity building and training to government stakeholders around public service improvements.
- Knowledge of key public service sectors including health, social security and pensions, educations, water and waste management, and infrastructure.
- Proven management experience coordinating across multiple stakeholders and partners.
- Proven experience leading on the design and implementation of donor-funded projects
- In-depth understanding of the conflict dynamics in Ukraine and the current situation in the conflict affected areas.
- Prior experience as a workstream or component lead or equivalent role with a donor organisation will be an asset.
- Fluent in Ukrainian and English. Russian will be an advantage.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to the firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28, 2021. Please include the subject line Workstream Lead Public Service – Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com