alinea’s whistleblower policy
1.1 PurposeThe following Whistleblower Policy has been established to provide guidance to Alinea International employees and sub-contractors on how to deal with known or suspected improper conduct within the organization. The objectives of this Policy are to:
- Create awareness of the Policy and available whistleblower protections
- Act as a reference guide to potential whistleblowers wishing to make a disclosure
- Define the structure of the whistleblower system, including reporting and investigation procedures, whistleblower protections, and confidentiality, among others
- Improve the communication and transparency in the processes associated with whistleblowing and assure protection against derogatory consequences, namely reprisals and detrimental action
- Complement the current communication channels between employees, sub-contractors and immediate managers, and hierarchical channels flowing to the President and Senior Management team
- Provide guidance to all parties involved in either whistleblowing or whistleblower protection.