Application Deadline: Sunday 25 June 2023
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Type of Employment: Term: Fixed-term (3 years), full-time, until 30 June 2026
Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Language requirements: Fluency in oral and written English. Tetum and Portuguese languages are official languages and are a strong asset.
Remuneration: Dependent on skills and experience, starting at AUD$140,000 up to AUD$150,000 + superannuation and allowances as applicable.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered for this opportunity.
- Please submit your CV (no more than 4 pages), and a Cover Letter (no more than 2 pages) specifically addressing the selection criteria before the advertised close date.
- Email- your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please.
At Alinea International, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer and oppose all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds, recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative outcomes.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide.
PARTISIPA works in partnership with national and subnational governments to strengthen policies, systems and skills to improve the delivery of decentralised services and village level infrastructure. Improving the operations and maintenance of rural water will be a priority. PARTISIPA will continue Australia’s long-term support for the national village development program and its critical community driven development processes to enhance community resilience, social inclusion and economic opportunity.
Alinea International is responsible for providing MEL services to the program, including a MEL Unit that will work seamlessly with the PARTISIPA team. The MEL Unit has a MEL Manager, MEL Specialist, and STA Support.
About the Role:
This position must be located in Dili, Timor-Leste. If required, Alinea International will support the successful candidate to relocate to Dili, Timor-Leste.
The MEL Manager is responsible for managing, implementing, and delivering all PARTISIPA MEL outputs, including but not limited to:
• Annual Reflect and Refocus Workshops
• Annual Reporting
• MEL Framework Design and Implementation
• Policy Analysis and Case Studies
• Training and Capacity Building
Providing technical oversight and quality assurance, the International Unit Leader will manage and build the MEL competencies of all MEL Unit staff by providing ongoing supervision, guidance, and capacity building. Working closely with the team, the International Unit Leader will develop and refine MEL tools and outputs that improve the MEL Unit’s ability to measure PARTISIPA’s impact, effectiveness, relevance, and sustainability, and ensure program accountability and continuous improvement. They will also ensure that MEL data and resourcing are actionable, relevant, and reach target audiences across all program levels, including by ensuring all products meet DFAT reporting standards. Finally, the MEL Manager will manage and establish relationships with implementing partners that support provision of MEL data inputs and increase PARTISIPA’s programmatic independence and scope.
The MEL Manager will report to the PARTISIPA Team Leader and the Alinea Contractor Representative for the MEL Unit. They will manage the MEL Specialist and STA inputs.
Key Selection Criteria
- Tertiary qualifications in monitoring, evaluation, social research, statistics or equivalent;
- At least 10 years’ experience working on donor funded programs in an M&E, organisational learning or research capacity;
- Familiar with qualitative monitoring and evaluation methodologies and experience collecting and accurately summarising qualitative performance information (case studies, stories of change, semi-structured interviews or focus group discussions) in comprehensive program settings;
- Experience managing teams (desirable);
- Experience in developing indicators, data collection tools, and baselines that are realistic and implementable (desirable); and
- Experience working in Timor-Leste (desirable).